Thursday, November 6, 2008

Top 10 worst things overheard in an auto glass shop

If you look closely, I swear Dow Automotive’s Dale Malcolm bears a resemblance to David Letterman. He certainly did at the International Auto Glass Safety Conference in Las Vegas, where he and industry colleagues Mitch Becker of Abra Auto Body & Glass, Bob Beranek of Automotive Glass Consultants, and Brian Clayton of Cindy Rowe Auto Glass presented their “Top 10 worst things overheard in a glass shop."



10. I have to use this cheap crap; it’s all the insurance company will pay for.

9. My testing shows the body primer works better on the glass than the glass primer!

8. I don’t think the customer will notice that, do you?

7. The glass shop down the street said they have no problem installing over a little rust.

6. I’ve been installing for seven years, and I never remove cowls and I have never had a leaker.

5. Pinchweld primer? We don’t need no stinkin’ pinchweld primer.

4. I’ll be done in a minute ma’am, and you can drive your car right home!

3. I haven’t had a problem…yet.

2. You had rust on your car, so we couldn’t warranty the installation.

1. A-grass, what’s that?

—By Jenni Chase, senior editor, retail and auto glass, Glass Magazine

No comments: